Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Intro Page

It's been a long time coming. I've debated months upon months throughout the year and here I go.

The name's Aaron and welcome to Blue Aura Oasis: The Quest For Cool! This is my personal blog, chroniclizing my artwork, thoughts, and adventures by the week. I've never had much of an outlet to showcase myself besides DeviantArt and Facebook (I call it Bookface for giggles) and honestly, it's not enough. And here's why:

I'm a COLLEGE GRADUATE.

It's hard to believe that my past five years of a college life has come and gone and now I definitely need to do more. During the last three months of my senior year, I've been thinking extensively of what the future will bring to me. A typical graduate would be hyperventilating for graduation's arrival and to let the party rock all summer. However, that wasn't me... I'm partially lying, but the other part of me daydreamed of this:


This scene from The Graduate (great movie, by the way!) always got to me. Why? Because more than ever it represents the deepest part of my conscience. And many of you who are reading this, I'm sure it affects you somehow too. Let's face it; many of us are either college students or recent college grads. And while we KNOW what we want to do, what's next and how will we get there? Through hopeless dreaming? By splurging/ window shopping every week? Wishing we can take control of our potential fling(s) of the week?

Well... those can certainly help your case on a lonely day! But in all seriousness, it's called progressing. As I type this, I'm in a very calm and collected manner. Many of my friends ask me this common question: "Aaron, life is so screwed up! How is it that you keep you cool so easily?" I could answer that 100% right now, but I'll save that for another day. I'll answer it 50% now:

I keep myself grounded in mind and heart.

The best way for me to do this is through my various experiences (saga/ episodes as I call them) and art practices. Every passing day, I learn something new and through some miracle light in my brain I do my best to apply those to my future processes. This blog isn't just to give others an insight into my art and adventures, but to inspire those who may not have enough willpower nowadays to keep themselves stressfree. I enjoy being a helpful guy; must be a Pisces thing. :D

To the future, folks! And thanks for reading.

P. S.- I'll leave this here to give a reminder of what many of my posts will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment